Sunday, June 28, 2009

i love church festivals

This is an Instant BINGO card

I look forward to church festivals all year long. Seriously.

If I had to make a list of the top ten reasons to be Catholic, festivals would be near the top (only second to Lenten fish frys).

Instead here is a list of the top ten things I love about festivals:
1.) INSTANT BINGO. oh my gosh I love this stuff! The BINGO cards are only $1 per card and they provide endless amounts of instant gratification. If your card is not a winner you can throw it on the ground and stomp on it (really!). I budget for this activity all year long! : )

2.) Funnel Cakes. yum. hot fried dough with insane amounts of powdered sugar. enough said.

3.) The Gambling Tent. I would be in big trouble if I ever went to Vegas. But it's for the church right?

4.) Cake Walk. Do you see a pattern here? I am into desserts and gambling. Sounds real healthy right? It is inevitable that after playing 13 rounds at the cake walk, betting on only 1 number (#50) the minute I walk away what number gets called? Oh! That would be #50!!! ahh! No M&M brownies for me!

5.) Instant BINGO. I love love love this stuff. It's addicting.

6.) Live Music. and plenty of people who have had a "nip" too much to drink....are you catching my drift?

7.) Beer Garden. aidding and abedding in drunken dancing (to live music) and the carousing of adults who are typically prime and proper since the church festival was invented. Seriously, even the most uptight individuals let loose at festivals. Myself being one of them. shameful.

8.) Rubbing elbows with your parish priest, school principal/teachers, and church members in a fun, casual, 'let loose' kinda atmosphere.... again....are you catching my drift?

9.) Instant BINGO.

10.) A year's worth of tithing in 2 days or less. I wish this wasn't true... haha...those Instant BINGO'S add up fast..

So check your local newspapers or church bulletins because it's that special time that only comes once a year when theres a festival every other weekend! yay! oh, and watch out for those BINGO's! enjoy.
-h

No comments: