Monday, June 8, 2009

reading material

I love to read. I am a good reader too....it must be the teacher in me : )

Currently I am reading Escape by Carolyn Jessop.


"Seventeen years after being forced into a polygamous marriage, Jessop escaped from the cultlike Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints with her eight children. She recounts the horrid events that led her to break free from the oppressive world she knew and how she has managed to survive since escaping, despite threats and legal battles with her husband and the Church. "-Publisher's Weekly

I have a slight obsession with polygamists. I dunno, sharing a husband, rules against the color red, dozens of children, compound raids, scheduling....date night?....it baffels me. Of course I want to know more, especially since all of it is currently happening.

I am about half way through Escape. I have really enjoyed this book because it is modern and detailed. So far I would give it a rating of A+. I will let you know my thoughts after I complete the memior.

-H

No comments: