Monday, June 1, 2009

rainy days and mondays...

Don't worry I'm not feeling down, but it is rainy and stormy this Monday morning.

D and I had a great weekend. Friday night we had a real live date night. We enjoyed buffalo chicken pizza (see below), went to Coldstone, and saw Angels and Demons.

Saturday we woke up early. I took D to the barn raising (whoa that was A LOT of work) and then I went to the mall (where I didn't buy anything....so that was a waste of gas). After malling, I took a nap and then went to help out at the barn party. I was really no help, but enjoyed being outside on a nice day and watching the boys hard at work. : ) We grilled out and then went home and straight to bed. D and his friends worked for 12 hours!!! They leveled the floor in the barn, resided one side, knocked down walls, and participated in numerous other home improvement type activities. Needless to say, he slept well Saturday night.

Sunday morning was church, then pizza, tidying up the house, and then our friends joined us for ANOTHER cook out. When D and I were visiting our parents over Memorial Day Weekend we picked up a few creature comforts from our hometown...mainly JTM hamburgers....a lot of them.... so we invited our friends over to help us eat them. A fun time has had by all. I especially want to thank Nurse H for bringing the Spartini-vodka, beer, and frozen lemonade. trust me it's good. : )

Later today I will fill you in on all the yummy dishes I plan to cook this week.

Hope your Monday morning is less rainy than mine!

-H

1 comment:

libby said...

The pizza looks amazing!