Tuesday, June 16, 2009

leaving on a....jetplane?... make that a car


On Friday D & I are travelling to Chicago with another couple-we'll call them D2/H2....seriously though, D/H ARE their initials...you know who you are : P

So yesterday I ventured to AAA to pick up some travel materials. I am a total planner and needed walking maps, a tourbook, and a triptik. Now it's not like I have never been to Chicago before. I've been to the windy city at least 3x with my family and once with D. However, I plan to get the most out of this trip.

So far here's the plan:
*We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel downtown
*Friday we are going to the Second City comedy show
*Saturday we are eating at Cafe Ba Ba Reeba and then seeing Mary Poppins at the Cadillac Palace Theater

Here are some other things I have on a master list of things to do:
*Visit the Sears Tower Skydeck
*Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier
*There is a jazz festival planned at Millenium Park this weekend
*A river/Lake Michigan boat tour-nice and touristy right? and educational!
*I have a list of all the diners that Guy Fieri has visited in Chicago on his show Diners, Drive-in's, and Dives -I plan on visiting at least one.
*D is very excited to eat pizza. Me too!

There you have it. It should be a great time. I have purchased waaay too many fun new clothes to wear (H2 has as well) and am getting everything in order to go. I am pumped.

-H

No comments: