Saturday, June 13, 2009

how i dealt with my booring saturday

It's rainy. D is working on the car in the garage. I am bored.

I have done laundry. Cleaned the kitchen. Been to Walmart. Watched a movie.

and....

I have prepared 3 double-batch dinners for next week.

That's right people. In one afternoon I have cleaned out my pantry and cooked 3 delicious healthy dinners for D and I next week. I made chicken salad, potato soup, and crockpot salsa chicken. I doubled the recipe for each dish and plan to freeze the second portions so in the weeks to come I won't have to cook dinner! hoooray!

Plus, next week (my first week of my new job) I won't have to think twice about what's for dinner and then come home and prepare it. It's a win, win.

Maybe I am warming up to the idea of a boring Saturday here or there....

-H

No comments: