Wednesday, July 29, 2009

another party : )

Last week I told you about the 60th anniversary brunch that I was helping to decorate for D's grandparents. Well it was a lovely party. I will admit that I was bit frazzled up until the very moment of the party but my hard work and frizzy hair payed off. Check this out:
The tablescapes. I bought sage green and brown toile from Hobby Lobby for $12. My mother-in-law cut them like table runners. I think they add a lot of impact to the table for a very reasonable price.

Next, my personal favorite project....centerpieces. I adore flowers. I adore beautifully arranged flowers. oh it just makes me happy! First I will show you the centerpieces we used for all of the tables except the headtable. I used Esther roses, pale green hydrangeas, daisies, various greens, and hypernium berries. I wrapped the vase with a brown ribbon and a sticker that said "Happy 60th Anniversary." Around the vase I placed wedding pictures of the couple of honor's wedding and candles.

For the headtable I incorporated more (and brighter) roses.

As a final detail, my dear friend and preferred caterer, Dee Myers of All Things Catered tied our napkins with a coordinating brown ribbon. um...who could ask for anything more?

If you are in the Cincinnati area and are looking for delicious homemade food. I implore you to contact Dee. She catered my bridal luncheon, wedding, my sister's graduation party, and this party. She never fails to impress....and I'm a tad picky. ; )

-h

No comments: