Wednesday, July 29, 2009

dirty little secret

I have a confession.....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE frozen dinners. particularly Lean Cuisine's. yum.

You must be thinking, "Now, Halley, you love to cook, adore entertaining, and heart eating...really? frozen dinners? That's very unlike you!"

I know!!

About a month after we got married D and I were grocery shopping. As we approached the frozen foods section D looked at me and asked what I planned on buying frozen. I told him Lean Cuisine's of course (honestly what else was I supposed to eat for lunch?! listen, I survived on Lean Cuisine's during college. seriously. I bought like 20 at a time).

Well my new husband blanched. He made me promise that now that we were married I would stop buying frozen dinners and eat real food. uh...D...reallly?...

Well I have kept my promise. I only broke it once when I was super duper sick and only wanted Stouffer's mac and cheese.

Until now....

D is out of town till August.

Last night I went to WalMart (it was early evening and still safe) and bought not one, or two, or four, but 10 Lean Cuisine's. I was in paradise. Garlic Chicken Pizza, Mac and Cheese, Cheesy Broccoli and Potatoes, Penne... oh my!

I must have looked like I was on crack. My cart was loaded down with Lean Cuisines and I was happy as a clam.

Today I prepared a pot roast, roasted veggies, and homemade mashed potatoes for a dear friend who just had a baby. I delivered it to her house with warm crusty bread and butter. What did I eat for dinner? A Lean Cuisine. happily. :)

-h

No comments: