Saturday, August 29, 2009

I am NOT a freshman!

I have been missing in action for a few days. Why? Well, Wednesday after school I packed up my car and headed to Indianapolis to hang out with D and to help my middle sister move into college.

M, my sister, is now a freshman at Anderson University. I also went to Anderson my freshman year so I was extremely excited to go back, visit, and reminisce. M is even living in my 'old' dorm...she is actually living quite close to my 'old' dorm room.

We arrived bright and early on Thursday morning in cars brimming with stuff. Immediately we were swarmed by volunteers in bright blue shirts. In one trip they removed *every* single *item* from the car.

.....and we were on our merry freshman way.

While walking up to M's room, I stopped to read a sign. While reading I was approached by a volunteer in a bright blue shirt. The sweet volunteer asked, "Do you need directions to your dorm room?" I chuckled and told her that I was not a freshman, but was there helping a freshman move in.

I made my way up to M's room and proceeded to help her unpack and organize. In the process we made quite a mess. Being the homemaker that I am, I decided we needed to vacuum the floor. I wandered into the hall and asked a volunteer in a bright blue shirt where I could find a vacuum. The darling volunteer asked me for a room number and told me to ask my RA. I grinned and informed her that I was not a freshman and was getting the vacuum for my little sister who IS a freshman.

Once M was all settled in it was time to get down to administrative business. Meal plans, ID's, and Mail boxes. Mom, M, and I ventured to the student center to 'get down.' (ha ha I am making myself laugh) Anywho, there was an issue with M's ID and we needed to head over to the security office for a new ID. I was just so good while I was at AU that I never needed to visit the security office, therefore we needed a bit of direction finding our way. A lovely volunteer in a bright blue shirt led the way...while walking she turns to me and askes what I am studying....

What!? I am almost 24 years old. I am married (check out my ring finger). I don't look 18. What the heck!

I looked at the dear, lovely, sweet intentioned volunteer in a bright blue shirt and informed her that I am NOT a freshman, that actually I am older than her (a junior in college), that I am graduated, pursuing my Master's, and married.

Seriously. I loved helping M move in. I loved revisiting AU. I loved spending time with my mom and D.

But...the whole are you a freshman thing made me rethink my look. I think I need a makeover or something. oy.

-H

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I don't think you need a new look. I think between 18-25 it's sometimes hard to tell how old people are. I mean, come on, do I look 25?! Do any of our friends look 25?! And if people think you look 18 that's good because most likely when you're 50 you'll look 40 :) As a matter of fact I was looking at your skin last night thinking that it is very smooth and wrinkle free! Haha. Is that weird?!