Tuesday, August 25, 2009

is it fall yet?

I really really love fall. I love the temperatures, colors, smells, decorations, and activities.

This afternoon I was thinking about a local farm that has a corn maze, pumpkin patch, apple orchard, cider press, and hay rides. Doesn't that sound like a fun way to spend a Saturday? uh..yes! : ) The farm does not open for "fall fun" until Sept 19th, but you can bet I will be there soon after that date (maybe twice!).

Oh! Another activity that signals the end of summer and beginning of fall is the county fair! I am in no way an outdoor kinda girl but I adore the fair. I like to walk around, eat insane fried food, look at animals from afar, and occasionally play a game/ride a ride. The fair starts next week and D and I will be there at least once for dinner! ha!

And finally, I am looking forward to my, now annual, Pumpkin Carving Party. Now, you know THAT sounds like fun! Every brings their own pumpkin! BYOP! We have lots of food-pumpkin themed and flavored, drinks-seasonal beer/cider, and fun.

Bring on the crisp air and sweaters! I am pumped for fall.

-h

No comments: