Wednesday, August 12, 2009

preparing for 9 ppl in 900 sq. ft

oh boy!

Today is my last day in Indianapolis. I plan to eat breakfast soon, tidy up the room (for housekeeping of course!), hang out at a local outdoor mall, make a few returns, grab lunch...maybe with d?, read, nap, and make a big fat list of things I need to do when I get home tomorrow.

On Friday my brother and sister-in-law, J my almost-fake-cousin-in-law and her boyfriend N (who is D's cousin) and 3 of N's siblings are headed my way.

I love these people. I am so looking forward to having them in my home. truly. However, I need to prepare.

First, where will everyone sleep? Well...D and I will sleep in our bed!! for the first time in 2 + weeks, um...my brother and sister-in-law can sleep in the guest room...but that might not work because it's only a full bed and my brother-in-law is T A L L..., 2 people can sleep on the couch, 2 people can sleep on the air mattress, and I have 2 sleeping bags. ha ha ha

OR all the girls can sleep in beds (meaning D gets kicked out of his bed! sorry dear!) and all the boys can have a slumber party in the living room. oh my! That could be memorable. (I am literally laughing out loud thinking about it)

Food: What am I going to feed all these people? Pizza on Friday night, breakfast casserole on Saturday morning, out for lunch, and we'll grill out on Saturday night (there is no way that my brother-in-law is reading this...but I'm going to buy Cheddarwurst's just for you!!). I'll also be purchasing snacks. lots of snacks.


oh yeah...beer. Knowing this crowd we'll be needing lots of beer.

Entertainment: I need to go buy some playing cards. D family plays pitch like it's going out of style. Prior to dating and marrying D I had never heard of pitch. Now I'm a pitch player, however I only own bright pink playing cards. I cannot envision grown men playing pitch with bright pink playing cards....so I'll be purchasing some. : )

That's about all my brain can handle right now. Is there anything I forgot?

-h

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me you have got it all thought out! BreakFast cassarole sounds great! Definatly a good meal for a crowd. :) Have fun H!