Saturday, August 22, 2009

mmm pizza!

I love pizza. I think it's my favorite meal. D's too!

I'm a bit of a pizza snob, actually.

My very favorite pizza is white pizza. oh my gosh! It's the best!

Let me tell you about good white pizza. It has a crispy crust. The crust is brushed with olive oil and covered with finely chopped garlic. It has dollops of herbed ricotta cheese. And it is then covered with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. yum!

Now...in the Midwest when you order a "white pizza" it typically is covered in alfredo sauce....

I have a hard time finding the just right, perfect, delicious white pizza which I crave. But, I have FINALLY found it!! A local authentic Italian Pizzeria has a "Pizza Bianca" white pizza...it does not have the ricotta on it...so I order that extra.

It's funny because now when I order and ask for the ricotta they know exactly who I am! by name! Should I be embarrassed? : )

yum!

-h

No comments: