Wednesday, September 30, 2009

freak things happen to me

uh...seriously.

People are going to stop believing me when I tell them what is going on in my life. Too many, waay too many, weird things happen to me. Today topped it all.

First, the teacher that I will be subbing for during her maternity leave was rushed to the hospital. They thought her babies were on the way. I thought I had another week or two to finish recovering. I have been wearing nothing but yoga pants for weeks. If I have to be at school, in front of people, in charge, I can't wear yogas. So rushing around ensued. BIG time. I got showered and ran to the mall. Quite a few benjamins later...I was all set. Then the school called and told me it was a false alarm. Oh, well I guess I am prepared when the real time comes along.

Secondly, I got my Salmonella culture back....positive!! Are you e'ffin kidding me?! I was on the way to the my second home...uh...I mean the doctor when the scariest, freakiest, ever happened...

While waiting to turn left on an off ramp a semi past me and sent a rusty 12in 29lb piece of metal flying into my car. It dented the top of my trunk, went through my rear windshield and hit me in the head.

I was talking to D at the time and had no clue what happened. I just said "D I think I was just in a car accident. I got hit in the head."

The truck that sent the metal flying also went flying. He did not stop. He kept driving. Actually got right back on the highway....fishy huh?

The police are calling my accident a hit and run.

Below is a picture of the path of the metal. Click on the picture to enlarge it. I circled the rusty marks the metal left on the car.

My headrest saved my life. truly.

D (the engineer) says the force and velocity that it must have taken to hit the car, break through the windshield, hit my headrest, and hit me are incredible.

I have a few bruises (my head, my cheek, my hand) but I am totally ok. Thank you God. A guardian angel was looking out for me today. I am so so thankful.

I am also so grateful for D2. D was out of town at the time of the accident so D2 left work to come get me, take me to the hospital, and retrieve my car.

k. I've had a long long day. I will be whispering an extra prayer of thanks tonight.

-h