Friday, September 18, 2009

set back

Yesterday I discovered that I had had an allergic reaction to the adhesive used to adhere (duh) heart monitors, tape, etc. to my skin. I was covered in hot, prickly, red bumps. Fun, right?

I tried to slow down on the amount of pain medication (actually it's just ibuprofen now...but it takes the edge off) I was taking and ended up in....pain. lots of it. So I cracked and took a real pain pill before bed (it took more than the edge off).

D and I are supposed to go to Cedar Point today. His family has been planning this weekend for a while now. We already paid. So, we are going to try to attempt the trip. I have a wheel chair all set up. Sleep arrangements have been re-arranged so I'll be comfortable..but I just don't know if I'm really up for it. I think we might skip tonight and go in the morning. One more day of rest at home might do me some good.

I'm feeling discouraged and lonely. boo!

I hope today is a better day.

-h

No comments: