Sunday, September 13, 2009

fun night

Last night our friends A & S tied the knot. They had a meaningful and beautiful ceremony at our local parish and then proceeded to throw an incredible party/reception on their property IN THEIR BARN.

When I first heard of this plan for a "barn wedding" I most definately raised my eyebrow and thought, "this should be interesting..." I mean how classy can a "barn wedding" be?

uh..real classy. and I mean it.

I was blown away by S's centerpieces. She and her mom and her aunts and her bridesmaids did these themselves! Can you say gorgeous?

I think the most gorgeous part of these centerpieces is that every single component is meaningful. Those wooden boxes? Handmade by the groom from old barn wood. The sunflowers? Grown by the bride and groom in their back yard. Isn't that so great?!

I wish I had taken more pictures of this wedding and reception. But I was...ahem... a bit over served last night...meaning...I was feelin' good and dancin' and not really thinking about pictures... yeah...I was feelin' really good : )

As the night wore on and the crowd was dancing in the barn, we had a concert! The groom and his old college band set up on one of the rafters (I think that's what it's called, basically they were a level up but we could still see them) and played a half an hour set. Call me impressed.

D and I had a great time. It was wonderful to spend the evening with great friends, great weather, and celebrating a great couple. Congratulations A & S!!

I love barn weddings!

-h

No comments: